Telehealth appointments are available every day at the Kidz Docs!
This is a face-to-face appointment utilizing an app called HEALOW on your smart phone. You don’t have to come into the office! (You don’t even have to leave your couch!)
There are many, many types of appointments that are appropriate through this virtual platform:
o ADHD diagnosis, medication counseling, follow-up appointments
o Anxiety and other mental health concerns
o Parenting concerns
- Sleep counseling and training
- Behavior problems
- School readiness
- Potty Training
o Feeding problems and questions
o Obesity and exercise counseling
o Learning challenges and IEP/504 counseling
o Asthma, Allergy and Eczema medication management and follow-up (long standing)
o Teen feminine problems and concerns
o Laboratory requests and follow-up
o And more! Just call and ask if you concern could be discussed via telemedicine.
- Call the office to make an appointment just as you would an in-office appointment.
- Be sure you can log in to your patient portal account for the child you are making the appointment for.
- Download the HEALOW app, log in and join the doctor in the “Virtual Waiting Room” at the time of your appointment.
If teens would like to meet with the doctor on their own, we need the parental consent form completed prior to our visit. (Available on our website under the “forms” tab.)
Your insurance will likely cover your visit. However, just like regular in-office visits, your co-pays and any other co-insurance costs like deductibles will be applied and collected.
1. Use your phone if the computer won't work.
2. If you have more than one kid be sure you are logging in for the right kid.
3. If you are in a different time zone, be sure you know your appointment is in Eastern Standard time.
4. Cancellations must be made >24 hours in advance just like regular appointments