Caring for you during the COVID-19 pandemic
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Kidz Docs continues to provide high quality medical care for your children, while minimizing risk to our patients, families, and staff. Throughout the pandemic, we have continued to provide preventative care at well visits, consults for mental health and care coordination, and prompt sick/acute care through a combination of in person and telehealth appointment options.
Keeping your family safe
- Each Kidz Docs team member completes a health screening before starting their work day.
- Each Kidz Docs team member uses appropriate PPE (protective gear) for every patient visit.
- The Kidz Docs follows approved medical cleaning routines after every patient visit.
- Every patient and parent is screened for COVID-19 exposures and symptoms prior to their visit.
- Only one parent per patient accompanies patients over 2 months of age.
- Everyone over 2 years of age must wear a mask.
- Gentle encouragement is recommended for those under 5 years of age.
- Medical exceptions for specific diagnoses are approved on a case by case basis.
- Additional HEPA air filters have been added to increase indoor ventilation.
- Well and sick areas for patients are now physically separated, with separate entrances.
- Sick patients are taken directly from their car to their exam room.
- Patient visits on the well side are scheduled to minimize time in common areas.
- Weekday outdoor COVID (PCR and rapid antigen) testing is available by appointment.
- Potentially aerosolizing procedures are completed car-side outdoors.
- Phone hours and telehealth appointments have been expanded during the pandemic.