Caring for you during the COVID-19 pandemic
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Kidz Docs continues to provide high quality medical care for your children, while minimizing risk to our patients, families, and staff. Throughout the pandemic, we have continued to provide preventative care at well visits, consults for mental health and care coordination, and prompt sick/acute care through a combination of in person and telehealth appointment options.
Keeping your family safe
- Patient visits are by appointment only (no walk-ins).
- Phone hours and telehealth appointment availability have been expanded during the pandemic.
- Patient visits are scheduled to minimize time in common areas.
- Every patient and parent is screened for COVID-19 exposures and symptoms prior to their visit.
- Well and sick areas for patients are physically separated.
- Sick patients are examined at the car, or are taken directly from their car to their exam room.
- Potentially aerosolizing procedures (such as COVID testing) are completed car-side outdoors.
- Everyone over 2 years of age must wear a mask.
- Gentle encouragement of mask-wearing is recommended for children under 5 years of age.
- Medical exceptions for specific diagnoses are approved on a case by case basis.
- There are additional HEPA air filters in exam rooms and common areas to increase indoor ventilation.
- Each Kidz Docs team member completes a health screening before starting their work day.
- Each Kidz Docs team member uses appropriate PPE (protective gear) for every patient visit.
- The Kidz Docs follows approved medical cleaning routines after every patient visit.