The Kidz Docs offers a full array of services to help your child maintain good health.
- The Kidz Docs now offers VIRTUAL VISITS!
- Mondays and Thursdays by request with Dr. Meghan Hulver
- The process is simple:
- Call us and request an appointment.
- Get a confirmation of date and time from Dr. Hulver.
- Log-in to the patient portal to be sure your account is active on the day you schedule your appointment.
- Download the Healow app and be sure it works on your device.
- At the time of your appointment, use the app to connect to your appointment.
- After Hours Emergency Line
- If you have a question about your sick child after hours, please call our office number and our answering service will take your phone number and child's name and forward the information to our after hours nurse triage system. One of the nurses will call you back to discuss your child's symptoms and give advice about home care. If the nurse feels your child needs emergency care, one of the doctors from our group will be paged and we will call you back to discuss the need for further emergency care.
- Expanded Office Hours Available
- Prenatal Visits Welcome
- Well Child Care Exams
- Newborn Care
- Sport Physicals (Yes, we will see your child even if insurance will not cover this exam! If this service is performed as an out-of-pocket expense, our fee is $60)
- Vision and Hearing Services
- Child Immunizations
- Sick Child Diagnosis and Treatment
- Lactation Support/Educators
- Electronic Medical Records/Patient Portal Online Access to Patient Records
- Excellent working relationships with pediatric subspecialists at Children's National Medical Center, Fairfax Hospital, Georgetown University Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Links on website to patient education tools like HealthyChildren.org and others
We currently do not conduct hospital rounds at Fairfax or Alexandria Hospital. Both of these facilities have excellent hospitalists and neonatologists to see newborns and hospitalized children. We are in regular contact with the hospital based physicians to provide the best care during the hospital stay. We are happy to see your newborn or child after hospital discharge in our office.
We are equipped in the office to perform rapid tests for strep throat, mononucleosis, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and influenza virus. We can also perform finger sticks for hemoglobin or glucose, and urinalysis on urine samples. If there is any other lab work to be done we would send you to an outside lab that is contracted with your insurance company. This also applies to x-rays and other imaging studies that are ordered by our providers.