The pediatricians at The Kidz Docs in Alexandria, VA, offer caring, compassionate care for children of all ages. Do you know when it's a good idea to schedule a visit for your son or daughter?
6 reasons to make an appointment with the pediatrician
Your child should be seen by a pediatrician at the Alexandria, VA, pediatrics office for:
- Well-Child Exams: Well-child exams aren't just important when your child is a baby. No matter what your child's age, well-child exams offer a simple way to ensure that your son or daughter is developing normally and doesn't have any conditions or diseases that could affect his or her health. Symptoms of illnesses or diseases can often be subtle in the early stages. Luckily, scheduling regular well-child exams make it much easier to diagnose and treat health problems.
- Sick Visits: Don't hesitate to contact the office if you're concerned about an illness. Whether your child has a nagging cough, fever, ear infection or other illness, we offer treatments that will help him or her feel much better. A pediatrician is on call around the clock every day of the year for emergencies.
- Monitoring of Chronic Conditions: Your may need to schedule periodic visits for your child if he or she has a chronic condition, like diabetes, sickle cell disease or asthma. These visits help you make sure that your child's condition or disease is under control. During your appointment, the pediatrician will review existing and new symptoms and make treatment recommendations.
- Injuries: Your child's pediatricians can also evaluate and treat injuries, order X-rays and other tests, and make referrals to specialists if needed.
- Sports Physicals: If your son or daughter will be playing a sport, he or she will probably need a physical before the season starts. Sports physicals ensure that your child is healthy enough to play sports safely.
- Immunizations: Is your child up-to-date on immunizations? The shots protect your child from many diseases that could cause serious health complications, including whooping cough, measles, mumps, measles and meningitis.
Are you ready to make an appointment with the Alexandria, VA, pediatricians at The Kidz Docs? Call (703) 765-6093 to schedule your child's visit.